Kushina Uzumaki (
ghostpepper) wrote2013-08-08 03:22 am
2 Crushed Tomatoes | video/action option for Blackthorn
[Something long and tentacle-like can be seen patting around when a video starts on Kushina's PokeGear. What can be heard as the tentacle-root disappears and the video moves to show a room at the Blackthorn inn is Kushina calling for her son. The video hops along a hallway and down to where Kushina is entering Naruto's room. When it catches up, she's standing with her back to the doorway. Naruto is visible just past her, standing in front of his bed.]
Since I can't take on the gym leader in this city for a while, I talked with Minato last night and we decided that we're all going to Violet City so I can face the gym leader there! We'll be leaving as soon as our job contracts run out!
What? Not Violet... [His whole presence deflates a little, shoulders drooping as he pouts at his Mom.] I don't wanna go back to that place, it's boring!
It doesn't matter if you think it's boring! I need to beat the gym leader there, then we can go somewhere else! We're leaving in a few days so you better be ready. [Her tone carries a finality to it. The kind moms use to put across an order of "you're doing what I say or else".]
[His voice is loud and whiny as he speaks up, because he's being a brat.] But I don't wanna go! I was gonna ask Sakura-chan if she wants to go exploring the Dragon place with me! Do we have to go to Violet right now?
[First sign of her temper is go: flaring hair. How do you make teenage children obey??? Where were all the parentsbesides that crazy not!mom in this place anyway?!] Don't be stupid! I said we were leaving in a few days, not right now, y'know! Did you even listen to a word I said after I mentioned Violet City? You have three days to explore the Dragon place!
Yeah but it's Violet and it's boring y'know! Why can't we pick one of the other towns if we've gotta go, not that one! [There's a loud huff as he drops down to the bed behind him, swinging around to put his feet up and lay on it as he pulls a face at the ceiling.]
Because your father said it's the closest gym that my team's strong enough to take on right now! Besides that, if we go to Azalea Town, the fastest route is through Violet anyway! So stop complaining already! We're going and that's it! [By now her hands have balled up into fists at her side and are slowly rising up to be ready to deliver a pummeling.]
[Eyes closed, hands moving up and resting under his head as he contines to be a brat.] Well if you're just doing the gym how about you guys go and I stay here? I wanted to do the gym here but if we leave now we won't come back for ages!
Because we just got back together and I don't think we should separate so soon, ya know! We're not just doing that one gym. We were talking about getting to the other gyms too! Minato wants to challenge himself and so do I and we can't do that staying here all the time no matter how much we like it! So you're coming with us... Or else!
But Moooooom...... [He falls silent, until that last threat is issued.] Else what? I'm not going!
Or else I'll drag you there myself! And stop whining, y'know! [One of her fists finally swings out at his head.
And Naruto lets out a screech of pain, only to fall silent moments later on the bed. Thinking he's playing possum, Kushina gets right up to the edge of the bed and starts to shake him.]
Oi! Naruto! You're acting like a big baby, y'know! Naruto, answer me! Naruto!
[She punches him again, but gets no reaction whatsoever. Her hair falls back into place and her hand relaxes. Even though her face can't be seen, a slight shake in her voice is plainly heard. It sounds out of place coming out of her mouth for those that have known or met Kushina in Johto.]
...Naruto? Answer me... please. [Her hand reaches out to his head to where her fist originally connected and then comes down to his cheek. Her body shakes for a few seconds as she stares down at her son... Then suddenly drops to her knees. Her head falls back as she screams out one last word.]
NARUTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
[The video starts hopping forward as Kushina drops her face into the side of the bed, shoulders shaking. But Kyuubi the Vulpix comes out of nowhere to intercept and kill the feed.]
((Red is Kushina, orange is Naruto. Naruto's lines and actions generously donated by Draggy, permission granted by Kaity for Minato's implied actions. 8>b Naruto will be fine (obviously), he's just off on a canon update and will be comatose for a week.))
Since I can't take on the gym leader in this city for a while, I talked with Minato last night and we decided that we're all going to Violet City so I can face the gym leader there! We'll be leaving as soon as our job contracts run out!
What? Not Violet... [His whole presence deflates a little, shoulders drooping as he pouts at his Mom.] I don't wanna go back to that place, it's boring!
It doesn't matter if you think it's boring! I need to beat the gym leader there, then we can go somewhere else! We're leaving in a few days so you better be ready. [Her tone carries a finality to it. The kind moms use to put across an order of "you're doing what I say or else".]
[His voice is loud and whiny as he speaks up, because he's being a brat.] But I don't wanna go! I was gonna ask Sakura-chan if she wants to go exploring the Dragon place with me! Do we have to go to Violet right now?
[First sign of her temper is go: flaring hair. How do you make teenage children obey??? Where were all the parents
Yeah but it's Violet and it's boring y'know! Why can't we pick one of the other towns if we've gotta go, not that one! [There's a loud huff as he drops down to the bed behind him, swinging around to put his feet up and lay on it as he pulls a face at the ceiling.]
Because your father said it's the closest gym that my team's strong enough to take on right now! Besides that, if we go to Azalea Town, the fastest route is through Violet anyway! So stop complaining already! We're going and that's it! [By now her hands have balled up into fists at her side and are slowly rising up to be ready to deliver a pummeling.]
[Eyes closed, hands moving up and resting under his head as he contines to be a brat.] Well if you're just doing the gym how about you guys go and I stay here? I wanted to do the gym here but if we leave now we won't come back for ages!
Because we just got back together and I don't think we should separate so soon, ya know! We're not just doing that one gym. We were talking about getting to the other gyms too! Minato wants to challenge himself and so do I and we can't do that staying here all the time no matter how much we like it! So you're coming with us... Or else!
But Moooooom...... [He falls silent, until that last threat is issued.] Else what? I'm not going!
Or else I'll drag you there myself! And stop whining, y'know! [One of her fists finally swings out at his head.
And Naruto lets out a screech of pain, only to fall silent moments later on the bed. Thinking he's playing possum, Kushina gets right up to the edge of the bed and starts to shake him.]
Oi! Naruto! You're acting like a big baby, y'know! Naruto, answer me! Naruto!
[She punches him again, but gets no reaction whatsoever. Her hair falls back into place and her hand relaxes. Even though her face can't be seen, a slight shake in her voice is plainly heard. It sounds out of place coming out of her mouth for those that have known or met Kushina in Johto.]
...Naruto? Answer me... please. [Her hand reaches out to his head to where her fist originally connected and then comes down to his cheek. Her body shakes for a few seconds as she stares down at her son... Then suddenly drops to her knees. Her head falls back as she screams out one last word.]
NARUTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
[The video starts hopping forward as Kushina drops her face into the side of the bed, shoulders shaking. But Kyuubi the Vulpix comes out of nowhere to intercept and kill the feed.]
((Red is Kushina, orange is Naruto. Naruto's lines and actions generously donated by Draggy, permission granted by Kaity for Minato's implied actions. 8>b Naruto will be fine (obviously), he's just off on a canon update and will be comatose for a week.))
All action all the time. And yes, you see what I did there.
Still, for the moment, priority was Kushina-nee, and he practically threw himself through the door.]
What's wrong?!
eternal action; SOB...
I-I think I killed him! I didn't think I hit him that hard, ya know! [She takes a moment to sniff up some snot and take a shuddering breath.] I'm the worst mother ever!
no subject
I've seen you put people through walls you know, and they all look intact here.
Hopefully we don't mind multiple action tags? :D
She's a medic-nin. That's just what she does. ]
What's happened to--[ Cutting herself off, she tries to evaluate the scene the best she can. Naruto's unmoving body raises her senses and she's forcing her way there. ] Let me see.
I'm more than open to it 8D
I... I didn't mean to seriously hurt him...
awesome!
[ Sakura's not the type to keep her PokeGear handy (technology please) so she's currently unaware of their prior conversation, else she might have figured it out sooner. Having seen her fair share of injuries and how they range from person to person, she's hasty with her evaluation.
Though she does linger as an excuse to remain close to Naruto. This world has only been tolerable thanks to his enthusiastic smile and has helped her a great deal with overcoming the stress that war brings a medic-nin. ]
He's... alright? [ Mostly, she doesn't add. This is a deep sleep, a coma likely as she continues to check his vitals the best to her ability. ] Did this just happen?
ALL THE ACTION TAGS
So there's really only mild surprise at the relative quiet of the Inn at first, Minato releasing Hachi and Machi from their Pokeballs to help him find the other ninja. Kushina should have been done with her shift by now too, but the kids were probably out training- the group tended to split apart during the day, trickling back to their rooms once the sun started to go down. So it wasn't that weird that no one seemed to be around, but he still wanted to check in and let them know he was back.
Nope, Kushina wasn't in their room. Nope, she wasn't in the kitchen or on the porch or in the shared living area or-
Hachi and Machi both grabbed on to his pants legs, tugging and chattering quickly as they tried to lead him down the hallway. The door to Naruto's room was open, but all Minato could see once he hurried over to look were a few members of his family's teams, and Kushina's hair, pooled and curled around her feet as she knelt beside their son's bed.
Fear immediately settled in with a freezing chill, hands trembling and balling into fists at his sides, stomach churning at what the scene before him could mean. He's gone.]
...Kushina?
[
One day he'll talk to her without starting out this way.But he had to walk inside, had to know what happened, had to check...And there was their son, laying unresponsive on the bed.]
What- [What happened?]
/COLLECTS THEM ALL also being vague as fuck for a bit
It's all my fault...
thanks lmao
Hey... hey no, don't say that.
[He'll put the pieces together and have somewhat of an answer for her eventually, but right then he was a little too overwhelmed with everything, and wasn't sure exactly what had happened. Was Naruto hit by one of the Pokemon's moves while training? Had he fallen? He should have ended up in the Pokecenter if the injury had been bad enough so... surely he was okay it was just...]
lalalala~ you're welcome <3
But it is! I told him about Violet... We were arguing and... Such a brat! I just saw red! And... And...
[And there were no more words. She tried to put together a coherent story, but explaining what happened at her hands turned out to be more difficult and more painful than pushing out a baby. After a few more minutes of trying to pull herself back together, she's finally able to spit out something more coherent.]
Yumi and Sakura a-and Obito said it's not because I hit him. That it happens. But the last thing I did was lose my temper! How could it not be my fault?!
did you edit enough <3
He passed out while you two were fighting?
[That's offered quietly, an attempt to make sure he understood. While Minato might have had a tendency to quickly lose his composure, to give in to his emotions, he was just as quick to get a handle on them, to start figuring out a situation.
His head tilted, cheek resting against the top of her head, gaze moving over towards Naruto. Still breathing. Looked like he was sleeping. That was good. While it would be preferable that their son were awake, he'd take what he could get.]
You would never seriously hurt him, or any of the other kids, Kushina. I know that. You know that. It isn't your fault.
[And if anyone could stand up to an Uzumaki punch it was another Uzumaki, right?]
This... happens, sometimes. When I arrived Yumi was in a similar state, and she woke up and was fine. Naruto will too. That doesn't make it any less scary but... he'll be okay.
I suppose so 8D and I guess this tag wanted to be done before I slept...
[She brought up her hand over Minato's shoulder to dry up her face.]
I hope you're right... Maybe we should wait a while longer before going to Violet. Even after he wakes up, I mean. I just really wanted to get my first badge so badly, y'know. Now... it doesn't even matter anymore. Just... stupid.
no subject
[He finally smiled then, but the expression was weak, wavering. It was terrifying to think something had happened to Naruto- and knowing about the strange comas people could fall into didn't ease that worry much at all.]
We'll stay here as long as we need to. And then Naruto and I both will watch you win your first badge, alright?
[Because he would wake up and be okay. Because Minato wouldn't accept any other outcome.]
[Whoops Video] Also sorry for not responding to anything ever I need to catch up on tags
[The question is cold, but Sasuke seems anything but. If anything, he appears agitated, his hands gripping at his arms tightly enough to shake a little as he waits impatiently for an answer. If that isn't a clear sign of an Uchiha worrying about someone important, nothing is.]
[video; about an hour or so later] it's fine
[Concern for her son has completely overridden any angry remarks she might have toward his question.
His nose is spared. For now.Her voice has gone hollow in place of her tears.][video]
[Very very very agitated. He's trying not to snap but Kushina kind of hurt his
best friendteam mate and he doesn't care who she is to him but if she killed him he swore to god...]video because why not
What happened?!
video; an hour or so later
video;
[Why does this sound vaguely familiar?]
No matter what you do?
video;
video;
He might be.... in a coma.
video; also what is a linear temporal plane in rp
A coma?!
video; absolutely no idea
But he should be fine after a week or two! It happened to a couple of of people we've met here--hell, it even happened to me! He might remember some new things but that's it! No permanent injury, no brain damage, nothing!
video; the world may never know
video;
[Yumi, you are not helping.]
You can't do anything about it for the mean time so your best bet is to take him to the Pokecenter if you haven't done it already. Usually they should know what to do in the kind of situation.
video;
Kushina? I think it's going to be okay. He'll wake up in about a week or so. He... kind of went back home.